We are seeking a highly skilled and self-motivated Construction Site Supervisor/Foreman to join our team at Fourteen Estates. For over 40 years, Fourteen Estates has been leading the industry in building customers their dream homes and developing land into beautiful communities. As a Site Super, you will be required to work closely with all onsite trades and employees as well as the Project Managers and Management team in the office to successfully execute projects. You will be a representative of our company in the field, and will be able to take pride in the finished results.
Site Supervisor Job Description:
The Site Supervisor must be willing to work 5 days a week 8:00 am-5:00pm, with the occasional Saturday and earlier start time. They will optimize production of each project from site prep, through construction, to post occupancy completion. They are the primary driver of all site activity and will be responsible for ensuring all work is completed according to design, project schedule, and to quality standards. They are to be on site and provide overall site management and direction to employees and trades etc. to ensure the project workflow is running smoothly, be able to spot potential issues, and create solutions. The role is a complex one, as the Site Supervisor is responsible for managing, coaching, resolving issues and serving as a link between sub- trades and management, keeping everyone up to date on the current status. This role requires a great work ethic and ability to deliver results.
- Provide site management and direction to all trades and employees etc. on site to ensure that the project plans, schedule and quality standards are adhered to.
- Become proficient in using Builder Trend Software for scheduling, daily reports, time tracking, file management, directories, to do lists, etc.
- Schedule trades to be on site at the appropriate time in the process and ensure materials are there, site is prepped and ready for them to complete their work
- Ensure all trades complete their tasks according to scope of work and in compliance of Ontario Building Code
- Foresee and mitigate site-level issues as they arise and escalate issues to Management when necessary
- Ensure site is organized and adheres to the requirements defined in the Occupational Health and Safety Policy
- Conduct regular safety meetings with all onsite and identify potential safety concerns
- Maintain communication with the Project Manager and other members of the management team
- Provide progress reports for onsite activities
- Maintain timesheets and personnel records
- Prepare and expedite project deficiency lists
- Collaborate with Project Managers and Trades to coordinate all City and Consultant inspections
- Maintain an organized, clean and safe job site
- Chair regular site meetings as required with owners, trades, consultants and/or team members
- Collaborate with office on ordering material for upcoming trade work
- Train and mentor new employees/laborer’s
- Proven experience in construction and as a site supervisor or relevant role for at least 8+ years
- Ability to read drawings and articulate details to various trades and execute material take-offs
- Vast construction experience and knowledge of how jobs must be prioritized to move forward through the process from excavation/foundation to finishing.
- Familiarity with company policies and legal guidelines of the field
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, and effective listening skills
- An eagerness to work collaboratively with the in-office project management team
- A proven ability to leverage his/her extensive construction experience to resolve issues, to assist others on-site, and to generally contribute to job completion strategy
- Knowledge of the Tarion New Home Warranty Program and the Ontario Building Code
- Commitment to site safety and to creating and maintaining a positive site environment
- Tactful and mature demeanor with well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities.
- Experience in effectively handling a wide range of construction trades, suppliers and new home purchasers
- Driver’s license and vehicle
Full-time – Competitive wages TBD
Please Apply To: